Thursday, April 21, 2011

Super Fast, Super Easy- Mee Hailam

I was planning for a lasagna dinner yesterday. It was raining cats and dogs while I am still in the office and I borrowed a friend's umbrella so that I can hurry home to cook dinner.

What started as a plan remain a plan when I arrived home. Coz the fresh milk we bought last friday is left with an empty bottle. (Habis dikerjakan anak daraku berdua-makan cereal katanya!) So,I proceed to prepare the minced chicken for tomorrow's lasagna..

As for dinner last night.. it was my Super fast, Super Easy Mee Hailam. I wanted to finish off the 2 dried yee mee in stock and I fried spicy 'koey teow' for the adults at home(myself, fendi n my mum)

Mum said" bikin susah ja masak banyak2.. kan senang semua hailam.. a choice of yee mee or koey teow?" but I answered with a simple 'no'.. I want fried koey teow!

So here it is my super fast n super easy mee hailam. 1st of all, I always, always have sesame seed oil at home..be it for stir fried,sweet n sour or for marinate, I always love to have a bit of that nutty taste in my cooking.

Start with :

Garlic n shallots
Prawns + Fish Cake (U can have any other sea food.. try fresh white meat fish fillet.. it'll be nice)
Green Vege or any other vege you fancy
Eggs ( I usually allocate 1 egg for each person)
Soy sauce (I used sweet soy sauce)
1 tbs of oyster sauce
a dash or two of sesame seed oil n pepper (black or white is fine)
Water


garlic n shallots


I finely chop them - u can do anything pound it, grate it, blend it.. up to you!

my choice of seafood for my girls
green vege..


fried the garlic n shallots till fragrant and put a dash of sesame seed oil

Then add in seafood n u can also add in your vege right after that

then add the oyster sauce

add also the sweet soy sauce - depending on how salty you want your gravy to be .
Note : u can always adjust it with the water u are adding on to

Now this is how my grave look like.. 

After that, u bring it to a boil, then add your eggs and also a bit of pepper. And your gravy is ready.. If you like, you can slice some red chilli and garnish it on your choice of noodle. Nice...


No pictures of the dish on the plate.. Forgot to snap those..

Anyway, this recipe is only suitable for you out there who is not so 'handy'in the kitchen.. if you are an expert,you don't need my recipe la.. so do try and let me know the result!

Happy cooking!



No comments: