Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Grill Chicken Chop verdict =You should open a restaurant!




Well, yes, that was Yasmeen's comment when she had her dinner Saturday night = Grill Chicken chop with mushroom sauce and grilled vege (potato, tomatoes, carrots and corn on the cob). The western restaurant serves frozen breaded chicken chop deep fried and Yasmeen said it doesn't have that crispy outer skin.. and its usually oily... urghhhhh..

I would love to share my simple recipe for chicken. It works great for roasted chicken or you can jazz it up a bit and make it grill chicken chop like I did. Also, I will be sharing a recipe for a wonderful coleslaw to got with your chicken chop. But Sorry, I do not have a picture of how the coleslaw looks like.. forgot to snap lah! still working on my skill as a blogger like Puan Normaya.. :)

I like the taste of tangy lemon in my chicken. My standard recipe for merinating chicken is very simple. 1 lemon zest, joice from 1/2 lemon, ginger, garlic, I use abt 1 teaspoon of Spaghetti bolognese herbs from Masterfoods for this time I am also using some lea n perrins sauce, a bit of salt and sugar to taste.

Garlic, Lemon, Ginger

Easiest way to get all the flavour out
Lemon zest from 1 lemon
Combine all - Lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and ginger
I use this. U can also use mixed herbs.

Lea & Perrins
 I was unable to take the picture of me rubbing the 'chicken' (hahah!) with the spices la.. anyway.. I m sure u won't mind that right.. just rub the mixture all over the chicken. Since I am using debone chicken thighs, it makes it easier to absorb the flavour. Make sure u put enough salt n sugar.. and if you like it add a dash of black pepper to your chicken!

Cut chunky vege - I have potato (pre-boiled 10 minutes with skin), chunky cut carrots, cherry tomato and corn (cut into 2). Sprinkle some salt n pepper and smother some butter/margerine on the corn.

If your oven have a rotisserie, use it.... If not just arrange the chicken on top of the vege.. If you do not have an oven, pan grill with very minimum oil is fine too..

Sauces.


You will need 2 main ingredients:

1 clove of garlic,
some button fresh white mushrooms and...


A.  Brown Sauce with Mushroom = I bought this.. (Okay! okay! I cheated a bit..)  if you can't find this u can also use Maggi chicken stock (concentrated) with a dash of black pepper and some lea& perrins sauce to darken it a bit though this one taste nicer.. I bought it from Giant. I can find it on the same shelve they display other herbs and spices.

B. Ita Black Pepper Sauce with Mushroom. See Picture below.

Method:-

Very2 simple, just saute garlic till fragrant, throw in your mushroom, for the brown sauce make sure you mix the chicken gravy powder with 1 cup of hot water per instructions, for the black pepper sauce, start with the same method and pour in your black pepper sauce, mix with a bit of water and some oyster sauce if you wish so.

McCormick Chicken Gravy.. follow instruction, just mix with 1 cup of hot water.
Caution: If you bring it to a simmer, it will thicken so, u need to add a bit more water 

I used Ita - Peppery mushroom sauce. Actually any black pepper sauce will do just fine.
For our black pepper sauce,  I sauté some dices onions  

Basically this is how my chicken grave looks like when its done..
Again, I don't have the pic of my black pepper sauce.. sorry a..

Recipe for my simple coleslaw :

Cabbage - finely chopped, carrot (I use a grater) and about 8 slices of pickled - finely diced  (those sour-y green thigy u have on your Mc Donalds beefburger- in case u are wondering), some coleslaw dressing or plain mayonaise will do just fine with some salt and pepper to taste! Mix! Mix! Mix! and chill in the refregerator before serving!

How I can I not have the pictures of the end result rite??!



Here's a picture of Yasmeen with her kiddy meal. (Kiddy meal - no coleslaw)




Here's a picture of our meal.. Complete with the wholesome coleslaw.. Fendi continues eating the coleslaw alone the next day.. That shows how nice the coleslaw with some secret recipe - not so secret anymore (pickled zuchini)


Owh, btw, I got this my chicken supply from my office friend.She is selling RM14-2kg of chicken. Really cheap ay? Thanks Rahimah.. if you guys are anywhere near, and need fresh chicken supply.. I can recommend my friend to you.. that price is for any other cut part as well ( breast, wings, drumstick w bone.)

Try out my recipe and tell me how it goes!

No comments: