Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lasagna.. Ooh Lalla..

Yasmeen really loves western n Italian food.. Her all time fav is lasagne. She really enjoy what I cook for her.. every single day.. Breakfast,lunch n dinner!

Since I have to postpone my plan to make lasagne, I have set my mind to do it this morning before I go to work.. for the kid's lunch

This is how I do my lasagne:-

I have San Remo Instant lasagne sheets ( I do not know how others do it but I actually boil the sheets before I arrange it in my dish)

Minced Chicken or beef ( With a little oil, fry garlic till fragrant, put in the minced chicken, add some black pepper, mixed herbs (refer to my grill chicken chop recipe for pic) and cook till its well, COOK.)


White sauce [melt butter, add in 2 tbs of flour, stir, remove from heat, add in 2 cups of fresh milk, a bit of salt n pepper, bring to boil, when it thickens a bit, remove from heat n stir in some cheese (any cheese)]



I also use Prego spaghetti sauce as I have to chase the ticking clock u see.. (I will try and give you recipe for the base sauce for pizza n lasagne later la ha..)

Then here is the fun part, I start greasing my dish with little bit of oil. then I arrange my 1st lasagne sheet. Looks like this 

1st sheets of lasagne
Then the prego spaghetti sauce n the minced chicken
With minced chicken

Then arrange next sheet of lasagne on top of that and this time pour in your white sauce.. and continue with the sheets and alternately arrange it with the spaghetti sauce + minced chicken n END with the white sauce.. depending on how many layers you have but the TOP part must be the white sauce n your cheese.. GENEROUS amount of cheese ya.. Here's how mine looks like..


and before I get it into the oven, I pour in more milk at the edges and corner of my lasagne dish.. let it soak a bit.. enough moisture is the key to your tender lasagne..

Oven bake @ 180 degree celcius till the top part turn brown... I like it brown n crispy just like this..



IF you have any other ways of doing it.. Please share.. I would love to try! Again.. Happy Cooking!

No comments: