Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Its never easy to be a 'Hero'

I receive a call from a friend today. She just got to know about the accident and call to ask how's everything? As I answered her that we are all thankfully getting better each day the faces of my friend Faszilah Latif and her kids keep coming into my mind. She just lost her husband in a car accident few days ago. I could not imagine if it happened to me. Although the day will finally come when one of us would leave first and the other later (as it usually happen) I do pray that when that day finally comes, I would at least know who my kids were married to and that they are all grown up and no longer needs me. Not everyone could have the privilege to have a long life but I do hope I will be in the list.

I never regretted to have to face all that has happened. I only never imagined it could happen to me. That being said, I can never know how exactly my friend feel right now. To be talking to someone who used to sleep next to her that very morning and to be told that he is no longer alive that very night. I cried when I receive the text message from Gee, another friend of ours. It reminds me of how each and every moments with the family is the most precious ones.

Being in the hospital bed, unable to move, I once thought that if this is going to be the rest of my life, I would rather die than being a burden to the family.. That will be the usual thought in a person's mind when he/she is handicapped. But, for the people who loved them.. they only wanted to be able to see your smile, hear your voice, to be able to touch you and then nothing else matters. It doesn't even matter to them if they need to bathe you, feed you even do everything for you. I am blessed to be given the second chance. I once thought that I can go through this, I will be able to pull myself together simply because I am again blessed to be given the 2nd chance to keep my husband and 3 girls with me and not taken away.. And I can say it is not easy and will never be easy for someone who lost their other half to pull herself together for the sake of their child.

Being alone is never easy.. But the actual fact is.. she will never be.. May Allah be her guide, help her, give her strength, give her the patience, make everything else easy for her and her 2 girls. My dear friend Fadszillah.. I can never know how you feel.. but if there is anything, anything at all that I can do to help, please let me know..

before I pen off, here's Mariah Carey's "Hero". Look at the lyrics.. and u will understand

Theres a Hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid of what you are

Theres an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away

And then a HERO comes along
With a strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a HERO lies in you

Its a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand for you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourslef
And the emptyness you felt will dissappear

God knows Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away
Hold on There will be tomorrow
In time you'll find the way

No comments: