Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Its Life in Zain & Co

I was back in the office on the 11th October 2010 hence the silence in posting anything in this blog. Apart from I really have no idea what to post in here.. well, I have many things in mind but on and off, time has been quite jealous of me plus starting work again means limited time to do what I love to do.

 

Also, I was quite busy preparing Yasmeen for her year end exam. I’d say she did quite well.. as always, she got highest mark for English (97) and Science (90) as both are her favourite subject. Her Bahasa Melayu needs some boost and help, she got 65 and 85 and need not have to tell you her Bahasa Arab and Pendidikan Islan is just a little bit above passing mark. Did I do nothing to help her on that.. well... I have tried my level best but I don’t blame her too much because I believe exams are just exams.. as the important part about religious studies is that she understand it. But, I am working on it.. trying to sort out her time for her. She is a very bright girl and Insya-allah she can do better.

 

Off late, my office has been experiencing migration of employees out of the firm.. Leaving the firm with less and less and less people to work with. I have to admit that migration is part and parcel of life as it has been to each and every one of us. We move on from primary school to secondary school. Some of our schoolmates stay and move on to the same school, some left for better options. But at the end of it, we notice that we have gained (and hope to keep it that way) a friend and the friendship lasted even until after school or college or university era up to adulthood. I understand and was made to understand that many has left because of the wage that is still considered (own-consideration that is) on the low side and considered themselves underpaid and also many other reasons which mainly falls back to the perks and what does the firm has to offer the employees in return for their loyalty and hardwork. Cannot say for sure that the employees are on the right side nor can I say that the employer is the best in town but what I can say is that this place I am working at.. its not really 100% about the money alone... its the people.. its the relationship. Although there are bitter sweet as well but overall the people here are like family.. not just business, not just entirely work. Its ‘Life in Zain & Co’ that keeps us together. Then again, I must say, to others there are things that they are going after and that are more important to them, to their family and of course for the sake of their future. For that they have my 100% support as I always say to all of them.. “If that is the best for you, I shall support your decision as only you know best”.

 

Take this as a process of learning.. a process of growing.. like our school days.. people go elsewhere for their betterment but still the friendship, the bonding will remain.. I mean come on.. its just a phone call away.. its just an FB away to see how they are doing.. we are not competing.. we are complementing each other. Just like we did in the office.. we do the same at home.. as each person has something that they are good at..

 

I see people trying really hard to get another job.. I see others who already have an offer in hand but are indifferent.. Why? Because its the ‘Life in Zain & Co’.. If you feel there are nothing more worth for you to stay, and by going to a new place it will make a huge difference in your life as a person and it will make you happy by all means please.. When dealing with money, when the offer seems very tempting weight it side by side with the things that you’re going to leave behind.. is it worth the price?

 

Oh! I know you’re gonna ask me this.. ME?! Well, I am happy with what I have now.. Alhamdulillah.. this is not a total disastrous place for me, in fact this is where I grow, and if I am leaving it shall be for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong stay with the kids at home.. Which according to my prediction is not too long now.. We’ll see la ya...   

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

No comments: