Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reunited.. in Joy and Sorrow.

Hari Raya is a day we all celebrate and spend most of our time going around visiting family, friends, attending to open houses as well as weddings. My 2nd weekend of hari raya this year was a special one. I was reunited with a long lost friend.

This goes back to about 4 years ago.. we just do not know what went wrong, suddenly a very good friend distance herself. I shall call it a mere misunderstanding.. but we kept away from each other more than 4 years, we don't even call each other on special days like Hari Raya or birthdays and sorry to say I even forgotten when is her birthday actually.

She also came from a broken family. Her parents divorced and both remarried living her choosing about who to live with since she was only 15 (or maybe younger). I don't have many good friend during school days as I usually go around mingling with different crowd every day but, she is very close to me.. I remember I cried terribly on her last day before she moved to another school in Selayang. I remember she came to visit me after about 1 year and she came during school hours so she could catch up with me. I also remember those days when she used to stay at my place, working in the 7-11 store just a few blocks from my mother's house.

I remember going to her mother's house in Puchong and came home pass midnight on the night before her wedding day. Me and another friend, did her makeup and hairdo for her and her sisters. I could still remember the smile on her husband's face the the word "Terima Kasih ye.. makeup-kan isteri aku... lawa dia hari ni" and he looked really proud and happy.. That day I was happy that my good friend found her other half..

I also remember on my wedding day, she came all the way from puchong on a motorbike, heavily pregnant with her 1st baby. She came.. just to celebrate my 'BIG' day and the next day, she gave birth to her baby boy.. after a month I gave birth to Yasmeen, she gave birth to her 2nd child.. a girl. She is one of those few people who have a twin born on a different date.

Yesterday's reunion was both a sad and happy one for us.. Sad because we were separated for so long, keeping silent and shutting out each other and Happy to now close all the old stories, still able to see each other and gave each other a BIG HUG of 'I miss u so much my friend'.. we were both in tears.. Tears of Joy and Sorrow..

I wish that our friendship will last forever and we could now tell our children the memories we had as good friends, sisters, companion and family..

Looking at how her family had grown, and the quietly smiling husband of hers holding their 1 year old son.. I am happy that she is happy...and hoping only for the best for her...

My long lost friend.. UFA.


No comments: