Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet September

Tuesday, 14th September 2010 marks a full 3 months after our accident.

I went for my follow up treatment (laser treatment for my scar) at Dr. Jalil Jidon's clinic. While waiting for my turn, I flipped the newspaper and saw a news about car accident involving a Police Corporal based in Ijok with his family. The word 'Ijok' reminds me of our accident scene so I showed it to Fendi whose sitting beside me. To our surprise, this was the man Fendi met to gain access to our stuff still in the Avanza in Ijok. 3 months after our accident, he met with one and that claimed his life and also his elder daughter's. My sympathy to his family, I wish there are words to console them but I believe there won't be any except the fact that his journey has come to an end and the hope that he will rest in peace.

3 months ago on this day, I lay at the hospital bed thinking of what i should do next and what's in store for me in the future. I was determined to get the surgery done soonest and get my feet back on the floor as fast as I can. But at the same time I was thinking like "will i be able to walk again?", "will I be able to have more kids" and worst "Will I be alive?! or am I going to die?"

Tomorrow will be the day I was born.. I am thankful to have gone through another year with my loved ones. I am thankful to have gone through another year being able to hug my girls at night and tell them how much I love them, I have gone through another year knowing that my younger brothers have grown up to be persons I can count on in times of difficulties, knowing that my 'most of the time' grumpy big brother loves his only sister as much as I always love and cherish him, knowing that I meant so much to my mother whose rarely even talk about it.. we just know.. and I continue to know that fact as its proven...Thankful that I have gone through another year filled with critical times but with my other half whose always think what's best for me..

While its time to celebrate another year older me, it is also time to say "Alhamdulillah" and pray that I have many more years to come.. insya-allah...

Hannah Rumaysa, is now very attached to me. She started sleeping with me, calling me
-maa-maa.. mammaaaa- something I've been longing for since the accident.

Mum has gone back to her normal operating hours- hahahaha.. no longer keep sleeping at my place.. home sweet home...I can never thank her enough what more to repay her..

OK lah, the girls is waiting for me to finish.. we're going out for a nice lunch and may be dinner...

Oh ya, before I pen off,

Today is a special day.. I would like to dedicate this part to my lovely sister - Karen Ho. who has been a wonderful, supportive sister, always with that smile and soft voice.. my big fan when it comes to food and cakes.. Happy Birthday Sister!

No comments: