Wednesday, May 4, 2011

'Never Fail' Pizza Dough.

Wonder how I always manage to have pizza for breakfast on weekdays? I stick to this best, never fail pizza dough recipe and as always I used my shortcut ingredients for the sauce.


I prefer mozzarella cheese for my pizza. Get those good premium mozzarella cheese from Cold Storage.. really nice leh!


For the pizza base sauce. You can either make your own sauce by simmering your de-seeded tomatoes add a dash of oregano or just use the bolognese mixed herbs I've shown you in my easy grill chicken chop recipe, add 2-3 tablespoon full of tomato paste (not puree ya, PASTE. its thicker and better flavour n colour compared to puree) and of course salt and pepper.


Lets start making the dough shall we..


2 cups of plain flour
1 packet (11 grams) of dried yeast
In a cup combined 3/4 cup of milk (I usually mix 1/4 of hot water to 2/4 of fresh milk to make it warm)
1/2 tablespoon of cooking sunflower, corn or canola oil. 
a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar


Dried yeast approximately 11 grams

Look out for this Fresh Milk @ your local supermarket.. Yasmeen said it tastes better than other brands!

I use sunflower oil. Other options are corn/canola
Mix flour and dried yeast in a mixing bowl


Warm milk, oil, salt n sugar in a cup

Make a well @ the centre of your mixing bowl n pour in the water a little at a time..

Mix your dough with your fingers lady! its time to get messy and mushy!

Sprinkle a little flour in between to make the dough easy to handle. Its done when its no longer sticking on your palm


Some useful tips :-

Dough are meant to be soft, it must have enough moisture to allow to dough to rise nicely.

You may want to wash your hands after mixing the flour with the warm milk mixture and wipe your hands clean before kneading the dough a bit while dusting some flour on top.

Wrap your dough with a cling wrapper and allow dough to rise double the original size. It may take up to 90 minutes
 More useful tips :-


I usually keep the dough in a warm place. If I am not cooking, I will heat up my burner for a few seconds, turn of the burner, place my non stick pan and my mixing bowl on top. The heat will make your dough rise faster. Or alternately you may use the same method with your oven. I've used both ways.



After the dough have risen, give it a good punch! to let out all the excessive air .. :)

At this point, you can either use the dough and start making your own pizza or, you can keep it in the fridge (if you're making the dough late in the evening and plan to use it the next morning) or keep it in the freezer if your're planning to use it much later.

In a plastic bag..
 
My storing method will be in a clean plastic bags (those plastic bags use to 'tapau' food lah~!). I believe you would wanna avoid keeping the dough in a tupperware.. I think it will explode considering the fact that the dough will still rise a bit while in the fridge.

If you're keeping it in the freezer.. well, of course you will need to thaw the dough before using it okay..



Give it a nice pat! pat! pat!


Hand tossed.. not really tossing it up high la.. just tossing around with fingers or alternately you may use a rolling pin.. easier way out..
The 2 pictures above were taken in the morning.. around 5.30 am and I was frantically rushing to finish this for the girls' breakfast b4 school so.. I missed taking pictures while preparing the topping..

Anyway, you start with brushing some oil onto your base, then the base sauce (tomato).. the oil is to ensure that your tomato base stays moist after the baking session.

Then, you may have whatever topping you want.. Sometimes, when I have leftover sambal after our nasi lemak days, I will use that as my base sauce (for this you don't need to brush oil onto your dough coz sambal itself is already oily), pan fried some anchovies and use it as a topping alongside with generous amount of onions! best!! a must try.

Picture of my wonderful pizza
 
If you fancy pepperoni, you can find it in Sogo supermarket. It costs about RM14 the last time I bought it.

I like my pizza thin crust.. how about you? Try this and let me know!

No comments: