Friday, November 13, 2009

Another day, another story..

Days in the office are never quiet.. most of the time we tease each other, some other time we share stories. Always its about family, kids, husband, mother, relatives and the list goes on and on.

 

Last night, I created a facebook account for Yasmeen. The main reason is to just let her play with farm ville.. nothing much. But I hope there will be a limit for it.. just farm ville and nothing more than that. Its good to be Internet savvy but not addicted to it like her ‘achu’!

 

Yasmeen is special in her own way. Besides being very attentive, she is how I was when I was her age. I often see myself in her. When I nagged at her for not drying her towel after bath, it reminds me of the days mum used to nag at me! Looking at her interest to help in the kitchen and her enthusiastic look when I let her play or deco the cake again reminds me of when I used to sit next to my Aunty Aileen when she was mixing the batter for a chocolate cake! I said it looks like ‘pooh-pooh’ and she was so upset she said “Fine! Then u don’t eat when its baked!” hahahaha! I also often followed her when she attended a cooking class somewhere in Jalan Ipoh, I tagged along when I was about Yasmeen’s age or younger. Maybe I should let her participate more in the kitchen now that she’s 7. I know I’m going to miss this moment if I don’t do it soon.

 

When they’re below teenage everything u do means so much to them. Even a simple cake will impress my daughters. Yasmeen looked highly on me. Often praised me for the things I did.. as I will when she did well in no matter what. Although she clings on me and most of the time be fairly obedient, sometimes she will rebel.. and when that happens, it usually turns ugly. Often because I wanted to remain ‘right’ most of the time without wanted to listen to what she wanted to say. I think that is what I need to cut out on. Being the eldest I expect she could at least guide her sisters in whatever I’ve guided her.

 

I have a friend whom I know is very worry to be pushed aside by her teenage daughter. No matter how close you are to your girls, come a day you will have to let loose of the string and let the young kite fly.. fly high but still holding on the string so that you could still pull her down when she has gone too far out of sight. I remember my teenage ‘years’ as a kite being given full fledge to fly! Nothing could stop me really except for the love for my mother! Whatever I do, although it is to actually get back at her, I always think twice. I know, I’ve made mistakes.. things I hope none of my daughters will ever do in their whole entire life but I regret and I repent! Ya Allah, Ampunkan lah dosa2 ku.. Whats past is past.. I have to acknowledge that was my own mistake and has nothing to do with anyone in the whole wide world, its totally, 100% my choice. Like I’ve said before, let nothing we do today be remembered as a reason for something that will happen in the future. No.. karma.. its all fated! Ditto!

 

That being said, I hope I could remain as a very close friend to my daughters. I hope in whatever they do, they will always have me in their list. While being strict and particularly fussy in most of the things as compared to their father, I did it out of love.. for my daughters.  I acknowledge that all mothers feel the same. Especially concern if you have girls and mind you I have 3!

 

I  must say that despite the huge responsibility, the freedom, the countless misunderstanding and judgement, I love my mother, Nurul Huda Mohamed dearly more than anything precious in this world! Its her trust, her love, her advice, her understanding that made me who I am today. Credit should be given for her openness in almost everything when it comes to any matters concerning me! I love you, Mi!

 

My daughters are the next most precious thing in my life! I would give up anything for them. That being said, I hope I could give them all the love they want and be the best-est mother in all land!!

 

 

Liza Masrina Ibrahim

No comments: