Monday, December 3, 2012

Its been A week Sarah Khadijah..

Its been a week...
A week of no "Hai Mak.." in the morning..
A week of no cuddly hug and tummy rubbing..
A week of no sweet smile with tiny eyes almost closed..
A week of no cute drawings and 'silly' cards..
A week of sorrow and strength all at the same time..
A week of empty hole sometimes filled with sweet memories

Its been a topsy-turvy week.. sometimes I m strong, sometimes the emotions seems to tear me apart.. Dear husband as much as possible make himself occupied with house chores.. I broke down a few times while arranging her clothes.. Something that she will usually help me do.. at least to arrange her panties in the drawer. The drawer which usually almost empty now very very full..

Sarah was born a chubby baby.. By the time she is 2, she wears clothes for a size 4. Every now and then, strangers who sees her will make remarks like 'so chubby!' and she will give them that 'i hate u' look.. but one day I came out with an idea.. I told her.. 'arah.. arah cantik tau.. gemuk ke kurus ke yang penting cantik!" (arah.. you are very pretty.. fat or skinny most importantly you look pretty) and it has boosts her confidence ever since.. she never felt being chubby is anything less than pretty, she never had the impression that being chubby would stop her from doing anything.. nothing is impossible! If i said "Arah ni gumuk la.. perut buncit'" (Arah u r fat..with a big tummy) she will reply with a smile "Ye la.. mama kan suka arah gemuk" (Yes.. U like it if i m fat) and I give her a big bear hug!

She loves being pretty.. a few days before her concert, she asked if she could put on nail polish for her year end concert. Sarah, with consultation from myself and my mother chose a sparkling pink and a fuchsia colour nail polish and her ne'ne' paint her nails.. I am not good at all with nail polish!

On the day of her concert, she woke up in the morning and asked 'should i get ready now?' I smiled at her and said.. still early arah.. and she continued asking every few hours. I even make her sleep an hour or two so that she have enough rest. I prepared her for the year end concert.. curled her hair, put on her make up, she of course put her favorite perfume on.. Wahhh!! wanginya arah.. (smeels so goood!) and she smiles sweetly making her eyes 'sepet'.. almost looked like a Japanese.. That night, she lead her group of kindy children welcoming everyone with this opening speech "Good evening ladies and gentlemen.. Thank you for coming to our graduation day, We hope you will enjoy our performance".. I cannot tell you how PROUD I am seeing her leading the speech! She really looked like a new born leader. She dances and performance and she enjoyed herself very much that night! I remember she exchanged the gift she got, a Barbie stationary set with her friend's Disney's princess set because she said her Bestie likes Barbie. Pure isn't she?

Its been a week long but it still feels as if yesterday.. it still feels like a dream and I wish I could wake up now. The reality is, I will need a lot of strength only Allah could give to go through life day by day.. Hannah, never once asked where is Arah.. She looked at her pictures sometimes kisses my table screen (i make one of sarah's pictures the wallpaper), She knows what belongs to Sarah. When she looked at books with ice cream pictures on it she will point which is hers, which is Sarah's and which is Yasmeen's but never once she asked 'Where is Sarah'. Its as if she understands what had happened..wallahu alam..

Yesterday was my cousin's 'merisik' ceremony.. One of my other cousin's youngest son, happened to be a bit chubby and when i looked at him, he really reminds me of Arwah.. I rub his tummy, hold his arm and before he left gave him a nice hug.. it does not feel like I m hugging Arah but his smile really makes me feel a little better.. Ya Allah... I really really miss my Sarah Khadijah very badly..

I know letting her go will never be easy.. it never was and never will.. but as a humble servant to Allah the Almighty, I leave everything to HIM.. May I will find peace knowing my sweet sweet honey chubby wubby is happily playing with her other friends underneath a tree in Jannah cared by Nabi Ibrahim A.S until a day when we finally meet.

Mama dah janji arah.. mama jumpa arah di pintu syurga.. Arah tunggu mama ye sayang.. Mama usaha.. mama ubah mana yang tak elok.. Kalau mama lupa dan lalai perinntah Allah, Arah ingatkan mama ye Arah.. Mama sayang Arah tapi Allah kata castle arah dah siap.. the pink and purple castle just like you always wanted.. So Arah kena pegi duduk castle Arah dah.. arah jangan takut.. nanti arah ada ramai kawan.. Mama sayang arah.. Papa Sayang Arah.. Kakak and Hannah pun sayang arah sampai bila2..lillahi ta'ala..

I wish I could say this to her face to face and see her smile at me.. I've told her when she was in the hospital.. I believe she hears me.. and as an obedient child who always listens to me.. she did as told....

Al fatihah to my baby.. Sarah Khadijah..



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Allahuakbar.. Really can't stop my tears... Moga nko & keluarga dikurniakan ketabahan & kekuatan yg tak berbelah bagi & sentiasa dibawah lindungan-Nya.. In Shaa Allah...

. i . n . a . z . said...

... dan saya menangis lagi. alfatihah untuk sarah khadijah

Unknown said...

Assalam kak,

Walaupun kita tak saling mengenali, tapi hati saya meruntun , air mata mengalir baca kisah akak sekeluarga.. Tabah sungguh akak...

Saya doakan semoga akak sekeluarga sentiasa diberikan kekuatan untuk mengharungi dugaan-NYA ni.

Berat mata memandang, berat lagi bahu ,memikul. Al-Fatihah untuk arwah Sarah Khadijah..

Haslina said...

Al-Fatihah utk arwah sarah khatijah. Airmata akak bercucuran baca entry ni. Tabahkan hati. She'll be waiting for you in Jannah.