Thursday, July 29, 2010

Are We Rich?

I remember one of my friend on FB, Kak Azlina Shariff, once posted on her status a question from her son. "Are we rich?". I never gave it real thought though.. until recently. People will usually look at what they have in order to give. Do we really have enough to give out to others?

When we say I do not have, does that means that we're poor? Or we just simply say we do not have in order to 'escape' from giving.

Sometimes we forgot how fortunate we are.. how much 'richer' we are as compare to other people.

1st of all, we are rich when we could still feel our heart beating. We are rich not being handicapped, we're rich when we can see.. Some people could not walk, couldn't see..

We're rich when we have so many people around us. Our family, friends, even good Samaritans who doesn't not know you but are willing to help.

We're rich because of the love we receive from others... but we rarely realize that we are 'filthy rich' to give..

We must realize that we're rich in order to give.. Give your time, give your attention, give your prayers, give your love.. especially to those around you, close to your heart.. coz we will never know when this 'wealth' will be taken away from us..

Finally, I now have an answer the next time my girls ask me this question.. I should say "Yes.. we are rich.. for being alive, for being able to walk, talk, see and touch, for having so much time and we are definitely rich with the love we have.. and for that we should always give"

Liza

No comments: