Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grill Fish.. ala Salsabilaa..

Nur Salsabilaa a.k.a Kok Mee Lee is my schoolmate. We were in the same class since Form 3. She now lives in Singapore, have 2 girls and is juggling both work n home just like me. Recently, I came across one of her pictures in Facebook with a simple recipe of grill fish with eggy sauce..

On Saturday, after being jilted by friends who have last minute change of plans, Our family had a blast @ the international book fair in PWTC. (See, sometimes though things doesn't goes well as plan, there are still good in it  as long as you keep an open mind). I heard they have a wonderful time meeting up too!

After going through ocean of human @ the book fair, We went to The Mall, have a cuppa @ Starbucks and enjoy our fav Auntie Anne'e pretzels, I popped the fav question "What's for dinner??" and Yasmeen quickly replied "Chicken Chop!". Myself could not have any more chicken, I suddenly remembered Nur Salsabilaa's grill fish recipe.. I took pictures of the process and after getting the 'green light' from her.. I am proud to present to you......Grill Fish inspired by Nur Salsabilaa


I choose Dory fish fillet, no choice for brand.. its quite cheap as well RM9.99 at Cold Storage supermarket.
Seasoned with salt, pepper and a bit of turmeric powder for that golden colour...





I used a non stick pan, melt some butter and grill the fish. U know that the fish is done when there are no more frantic sizzles hehehe..




Then in the same pan, I melt more butter, put in 2 eggs and scrambled it.. I don't wanna overcooked it.. just nice to make a sauce.




Nur Salsabilaa used some pickled, a dash of vinegar and blend it with the eggs..



Put everything in the blender and with blend it well..



 I gave it a bit of a twist.. I also added some pepper, some finely chopped onions and pickled.




I saute' some brocolli with carrots and fresh button mushrooms as the side dish..



Here's how tha dish looks like..




Thank you Nur Salsabilaa for sharing this and allowing me to blog it.. Its yummy..

The Verdict :-
Mr.Husband said he prefer my tangy home made tar-tar sauce which is just mayo mix with finely chopped pickled.. To me, the original recipe taste great... just personal preferences.. anyway.. try both sauce lah!

No comments: