Monday, March 21, 2011

Me and Nasi Ambang...

I have plenty.. just plenty to write and tell but I just don't have time.. Although my friend Yuslaily often said that I have 26 hours a day for being able to do things that she does not have time to even look at, I must admit life is fair.. nope.. I do not have 26 hours obviously or else all of you will be eating your hearts out.. a.k.a 'makan hati'..

I was surprised by a phone call this morning, pre-amping me to get ready to rush down to the walkway of my office building to pick up 'Nasi Ambang'.. A dish I have been avoiding to eat for some time.. because I didn't know what it is and the only time I can buy Nasi Ambang is @ the usual Farmers' Market (Pasar Tani) at the beginning or end of each month coz that's balik kampung time. But, due to the unfamiliarity of the content of the food, I avoided (mind you each pasar tani trip we bought loads of food and I don't wanna add up to the wastage if I don't  eat it okay..)

Anyway, I kept that pack of Nasi Ambang for lunch.. (Thank you Marina Sulaiman, u are such an angel!) I went out lunch time with my friends but jilted them to rush back to the office to enjoy my Nasi Ambang. We have a microwave in the office so.. warm it up yall!

The pack of Nasi Ambang, contains, some fried noodles, some coconut floss (Imagine chicken floss, but this its coconut), some mix fusion of fermented soya (tempe), tofu, glass noodles, a piece of black pepper soy sauce chicken and a piece of salted fish..oh of course la rice.. all packed in banana leaf.. I don't need to tell u.. the fragrance smell of the banana leaf to the rice after that microwave session... yummy...

THE VERDICT

It a new experience.. I like the well cooked rice.. its not like steamed rice sometimes too hard.. or too well cooked n soft.. its just nice.. Sorry for not having a picture of it.. I am too tempted with the smell I forgot everything.. Half way eating it and it looks like 'Singapura di landa todak!' I could not bring myslelf to capture that picture.. hahaha

Anyway, I was really enjoying it especially the salted fish when I thought wouldn't it be nice to have something spicy like sambal cili api... whoaaaa... then suddenly my spoon landed on a  mushy green sambal.. owhhh there's sambal.. so I started mixing it with my rice and scoop it in my mouth... hah!! Ternga-ngan dek Noon! (translate: jaw dropping mind blowing got) but I loikeeee! coz I like spicy food... I ate the whole salted fish including its head and everything.. its not crispy unlike the normal salted fish but, its nice.. just nice..in within 20 minutes (hey I am enjoying ok.. chewing slowly kinda enjoy...) all that's left was just the chicken bone.. and ya la.. of course la the banana leaf!

All in all it was really nice.. and I was told by Marina that the chef is doing catering oso! hah.!! RM6  per pack.. But... I must say the chicken is complemented the rice very well but I do hope it has the taste of the black pepper soy sauce in it.. I usually keep a dish overnight especially dish with meat n gravy so that the meat soaks long enough in the gravy to have its taste BUT... I acknowledge that the Chef must have wanted everything to be FRESH and it is! Congratulations Chef.. (I am imagining that I m Egor in the Ratatouille...).

Next time you guys wanna have a Nice meal of Nasi Ambang... call me!

No comments: